Gettin Jiggy Kids Ice Fishing Derby February 5th, 2011
This Thread is under construction...

"MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE-TEACH A CHILD TO FISH"
Register now at Sportsmans Warehouse in Wasilla!!!
Registration will also be available at the lake during the derby
(hint, register at Sportsmans Warehouse and avoid the line and wait at the lake... )

100% proceeds go to
"Alaska Make A Wish Foundation"
http://www.northwestwishes.org
"You" can help grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions by supporting this derby!
Its all about the kids any way you look at it!

Derby tickets are $10.00 per entry.
I am currently gathering donations for prizes. My goal is for every kid to get a prize. This might get tricky being as I have no idea or even a clue as to how many people will show up. It could be lots of kids or it could be the two kids I throw in my truck and take down there... prizes will be given out from 1st place to 101st place and more. Do not let not having anything to drill holes with stop you from taking your kids fishing. Thankfully I have many volunteers who will be on hand to drill holes for you and help in any way possible. As a matter of fact if you have never ice fished or don't have a pole or whatever excuse you can come up with, I have no doubt my friends and I can help you out. If you are concerned about wasting fish or don't want to keep your fish, an Alaska Wildbird Rehab Center Representative will be on hand to accept unwanted fish for their birds. If you have old fish in your freezer you would like to get rid of, bring it with you! They would be more than happy to take it off your hands for you. "Ak Born N Brewed" will be setting up camp for the day selling coffee and free hot chocolate for the kids all day! last word was they will be "delivering" kids hot chocolate all over the lake.

Notes:
1. Knik Lake is small, local, easy to get to, and stocked by ADFG
2. We are having our awards party outside, its going to be a beautiful day!
3. you can use bait!
4. we have a mobile coffee/ food vendor attending the event
5. Sportsmans warehouse will have a mini store available "at the lake" for last minute items

Click here for Knik Lake information...

Date: - Saturday Feb 5, 2011
Time: - 8am to 4pm awards party at 4:30pm
Ages - 3 thru 16
This derby will be for "kids only" so we encourage all the adults to leave their fish slaying intentions at home and help the kids instead.

Games
Games for the kids
11:00am Backyard Bass Fishing
1:00pm Ice fishing class everyone welcome to attend
3:00pm Bowling on ice

Adult Raffle
Drawing for...
A 2 person half day guided salmon charter. Fishermans Choice Charters is willing to work with you for a choice of salmon types and choice of three of our finest valley rivers.
A stocked ready to go bear bait station from Baitem907 and themasterangler.com
A "Hooked On Alaska" coat
tickets are $10.00 each or 3 for $20.00 where else can you win a guided trip for two for 10 bucks!!!
Again all proceeds are going to the Alaska Chapter of the "Make A Wish Foundation"!!! For Kids!!!

Rules
1. All anglers must comply with Alaska Fish & Game laws.

2. All kids (this is a family event) must be represented and supervised by an adult.

3. All members of fishing party must be registered with their own derby tickets.

4. Derby Judges have final approval of registered fish & reserve the absolute right to exclude any fish.

5. Themasterangler.com & Officials are not liable for any injury or loss of life or property. By entering you accept responsibility for your own safety and the knowledge of your surroundings.

6. Fish will be checked in by length. If the fish is smaller than 10" don't bring it in to register it. Any unwanted fish will be collected by us and donated to Alaska Wildbird Rehab Center who provide care, assistance, and rehabilitation to: injured birds, sick birds, rescued birds, and orphaned wild birds in Alaska.

7. The kid who actually caught the fish must be accompanied by an adult to register the fish, no exceptions. Ill take a picture of each for the Photo album. By entering each contestant gives permission to use photographs taken at the derby for advertising purposes in newsprint or on our web site: www.themasterangler.com

New Rule
8. Any fish caught, verified by an official, and released live, will get an extra inch added on to their length. Please be prepared to safely catch (store for verification) and release.