Gettin Jiggy Kids Ice Fishing Derby February 25th, 2012
This Thread is under construction...
All tickets now on sale at
Wasilla's Sportsmans Warehouse!
"MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE-TEACH A CHILD TO FISH"
100% proceeds go to
"Alaska Make A Wish Foundation".
"You" can help grant the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions by supporting this derby!
Its all about the kids any way you look at it!
Derby tickets are $10.00 per entry.
I am currently gathering donations for prizes. My goal is for every kid to get a prize. This might get tricky being as I have no idea or even a clue as to how many people will show up. It could be lots of kids or it could be the two kids I throw in my truck and take down there... prizes will be given out from 1st place to 101st place and more. Do not let not having anything to drill holes with stop you from taking your kids fishing. Thankfully I have many volunteers who will be on hand to drill holes for you and help in any way possible. As a matter of fact if you have never ice fished or don't have a pole or whatever excuse you can come up with, I have no doubt my friends and I can help you out.
"The Elks Lodge" will be supplying free hot chocolate for the kids and KAYO will be driving around the lake delivering it! Mobile Mocha Express will be setting up and selling coffee, Sportsmans Warehouse will have a mini store, 2 girls and a grill will be selling food, we have the Girl Scouts coming to sell cookies!!!
1. Finger Lake is small, local, easy to get to, and stocked by ADFG
Lake access or Base Camp will be at the Palmer Elks Lodge.
2. We are having our awards party outside, its going to be a beautiful day!
3. you can use bait!
4. we have a mobile coffee/ food vendor attending the event
5. Sportsmans warehouse will have a mini store available "at the lake" for last minute items
Click here for Finger Lake information...
Date: - Saturday Feb 25, 2012
Time: - 8am to 4pm awards party at 4:30pm
Ages - 3 thru 16
This derby will be for "kids only" so we encourage all the adults to leave their fish slaying intentions at home and help the kids instead.
For the kids
Backyard Bass Fishing
Bowling on ice
A 2 person half day guided salmon charter!!! Donated by Fishermans Choice Charters
A 8" Ice Auger!!! Donated by AIH
A Crickett 22 Rifle!!! Donated by Bait-em 907
Metal Art Donated by Them Ind
tickets are $10.00 each or 3 for $20.00
Again all proceeds are going to the Alaska Chapter of the "Make A Wish Foundation"!!! For Kids!!!
1. All anglers must comply with Alaska Fish & Game laws.
2. All kids (this is a family event) must be represented and supervised by an adult.
3. All members of fishing party must be registered with their own derby tickets.
4. Derby Judges have final approval of registered fish & reserve the absolute right to exclude any fish.
5. Themasterangler.com & Officials are not liable for any injury or loss of life or property. By entering you accept responsibility for your own safety and the knowledge of your surroundings.
6. Fish will be checked in by length. If the fish is smaller than 10" don't bring it in to register it.
7. The kid who actually caught the fish must be accompanied by an adult to register the fish, no exceptions.
8. By entering each contestant gives permission to use photographs taken at the derby for advertising purposes in newsprint or on our web site: www.themasterangler.com
9. Any fish caught, verified by an official, and released live, will get an extra inch added on to their length. Please be prepared to safely catch (store for verification) and release.